Ask my two and a half year old what she wants to eat, and you'll typically get one of five answers:
Mac & Cheese
Pancakes
Waffles
Butter Jelly (peanut butter & jelly)
Oatmeal raisin cookies
After coming home from a particularly energetic playgroup, we were famished! We polished off a couple of peanut butter shortbread cookies, but it left us wanting more. I asked e what she wanted and she said 'butter jelly'.I kind of felt like a pie, hence, the peanut butter & jelly pie, with a twist.
Preheat oven to 350.
I used a store bought crust. Go ahead and judge me. I'm cool with that.
Par bake your crust until golden.
Let cool.
Soften one package of cream cheese and 1/2 cup of peanut butter (I use maranatha natural organic creamy) in a bowl together for 25-30 seconds in microwave, or allow to soften to room temp. I have two tiny kids and very little time to dilly dally, so I nuked it.
Add about 1/4-1/2 cup of confectioners sugar to bowl of PB and cream cheese. Whip with mixer until smooth and sweet to taste. I add gradually so it's not over sweetened.
Heat double boiler.
Add one bag of semi sweet or milk chocolate chips, melt until smooth, stirring frequently. Add a few TB of Nutella if you're feeling sassy.
Slice up about 4-6 large strawberries.
Gently spread peanut butter cream cheese mix into pie crust.
Layer sliced berries on top.
Carefully smooth melted chocolate on top and allow to cool.
Stick a few toothpicks into our and let those keep foil off of melted chocolate.
Refrigerate until chocolate hardens.
Slice and serve.
It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to add a dollop of whipped cream to this either. Just saying.
Store (unlikely) leftovers in fridge.
xoxo
Ann

No comments:
Post a Comment