Thursday, April 5, 2012

Hot. Fudge. Pie.

I made another pie. What a surprise.
It's amazing what nursing a kid full time does to your appetite for sweets.
The moment I weaned e, I stopped baking altogether. AND I was pregnant at the time! Never had a sweet tooth before and I'm praying it will go away when r weans. Alas, we shall see.
So, here we are, after an epic fail on trying to get r to sleep in his crib, in his room, in his own, last night.
He. Nursed. All. Night.
Just to punish me.
Which brings us to my voracious appetite for something cocoa-tastic today.
After an especially stimulating playgroup with e & r, we came home and I decided to whip up something wholesome. So I made hot fudge pie.
Don't worry, I didn't share it with the kids.
Preheat oven to 350
Melt 4oz of butter with 1 1/2 squares of unsweetened baking chocolate
Beat two eggs
Add 3/4 C sugar to eggs, stir well
Add butter chocolate melty goodness to sugary eggs
Add 2 TB milk
Add 1 tsp vanilla extract
Add 1/4 C all purpose flour
Stir ever so gently
Pour into buttered ceramic or glass pie dish
Bake for 20-25 minutes
Hide from children.
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment